Thursday, September 17, 2009

Winding down Europe

Well, I leave this continent in just two says for a place unlike any I've ever been before. It should be interesting.

Turns out there are about 600 pictures since I last posted, so look forward to those soon.

Right now I'm in Maastricht, and just finished lunch with someone I met on the train from Mainz to Mannheim a few weeks ago. Next, I'll be in liege for a few minutes to eat my first Belgian waffle in more than 5 years, and am suitably excited to do so.

Over the last 5 days or so Evan and I have been mostly touring aroung Germany, through Munich, Heidelberg, Wurzburg, Bamberg (for the legendary rauchbier), Leipzig, Dresden, and Berlin. Thankfully we found a great place just outside of Leipzig to pitch Evan's tent for a couple nights while we explored the area.

Today when I got off the train here in Maastricht a guys pointed out my UW dawg pack basketball shirt to his friend, which wasn't unusual at all since it's not their language. It was when I heard him say "Seattle" that I knew he'd really heard of it. Turns out he was an exchange student to Woodinville and went to the UW/Arizona basketball game last year. I told him I was there too, and it was all very exciting.

I'll let you all know when I post the pictures. Doesn't school start pretty soon? :)

-Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment