Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Home away from home... Munchen!

Since I went straight to the Matterhorn to catch sunny weather, I now have time to go to Munich to meet up with fellow bioethics undergrad Karin and her sister, Kendra. I spent last night at a hostel to do laundry, take a shower (I smelled terrible after that hike into Zermatt), send sone postcards, use Internet and get a comfy night's sleep. No beer yet, but hopefully some tonight.

Yesterday I woke up in the university park in Zurich about 600m from the train station. My first stop was Shaffhausen to see the Rheinfalls, the Niagara of Europe. After that I went to Ulm to see the tallest steeple in the world (161m!). Because the train to Munich came only 13 minutes after I got there, I only had time to walk into the city, take a picture, and hurry out.

After today I'm off to Strasbourg and Lyon to stay with my first couchsurfing host, followed by meeting up with my little brother to see the medieval walled city of Carcassone, and the Pont du Gard, a Roman aqueduct in southern France.

I'll try to get more postcards out in the next few days. Miss you all!

Oh and I believe if you have a google account you can "follow" this blog to get notificationa when I update.

2 comments:

  1. Sooo...since you claim to be mostly German I'm allowed to nit-pick at your spelling, right? :D

    double dotted u = ue
    double dotted o = oe

    Viel Spass noch in Muenchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, Sounds like a lot of fun - When are you going to be making the trek over to the east?

    ReplyDelete