Monday, September 28, 2009

Traveling Japan, Kuester-style: Part 1

I gets dark here at 6pm (no daylight savings time) which gives me plenty of time to do nothing after it gets dark. I think I will use the blog to just post travel anecdotes from here on out and leave the big events, sights and itinerary to the hopefully-weekly emails.

Transportation: Because I have not yet validated my 3 weeks unlimited rail pass, I've been stuck paying for all the times I don't walk. So far he basic idea has been to camp outside of Tokyo for a day or two without moving around very far, and then swooping into Tokyo for the day to see things or visit someone before leaving that evening in a different direction. This way I can get to different places arranged in a hub-and-spoke pattern around Tokyo without having to pay for the expensive accomodation there. This might also work for a non-Kuester with a rail pass to avoid expensive hotels.

No comments:

Post a Comment